[Kolab-devel] [issue1435] Name completion when adding attendees confusing

T. Ribbrock kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri Oct 6 15:47:59 CEST 2006

New submission from T. Ribbrock <itsef-admin at itsef.com>:

proko2 after 2.1.4, revision 591884 on SuSE 10.0:

We had some of our users run into the following problem: When creating an event,
one can add attendees by just typing some letters - KOrganizer will then offer
all suitable names from LDAP and addressbook. This works fine, unless the user
tries to add a list of attendees this way. If he adds a ',' after the first
name, he can add another name and get it completed and another name after the
next comma and so on. In the end, he has a list of name separated by commas -
but only the first name actually gets added as attendee - all other names are
discarded. We had some cases where the user didn't notice that the second to nth
name aren't added as attendees - and wondered why only one person got an
invitation...

My preferred solution would be to make it actually possible to enter a list of
attendees that way, as that would be consistent with KMail's recipient fields.

messages: 8577
nosy: itsef_admin
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Name completion when adding attendees confusing
topic: kde client