[Kolab-devel] [issue1489] Kolab 2.1: Auto resource handling causes extra MAILTO: in event/event not editable

T. Ribbrock kolab-issues at intevation.de
Wed Nov 15 13:46:08 CET 2006

New submission from T. Ribbrock <itsef-admin at itsef.com>:

Kolab 2.1beta2 and Kontact proko2.1.5 on SuSE 10.0 (KDE 3.4.2):

I create a resource account RES with invitation policy "reject if conflict".
User A creates an appointment and invites RES at a time where there are no
conflicts. The RES account replies successfully, accepting the invitation.

User B (who is a delegate of the RES account, has a RES identity and has access)
then logs into the RES account with Kontact and has a look at the calendar of
RES. The event of user A has correctly been added. However, when editing this
event and having a look at the "Attendees" tab, it can be seen that the
organizer is set to
"NAME OF USER A":MAILTO" <A at our.domain>
(all quotes are shown on the screen as I wrote them here)
Also, if user B changes the status of the RES attendee in the appointment,
Kontact correctly asks wherher the organizer should be informed about this
change, but then shows an error messages that at least one receiver needs to be
specified in either "To:" or Cc/Bcc and subsequently refuses to send the mail.

If I look at the Calendar folder of the RES account directly and open the
corresponding event "mail", I can see this (example):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<event version="1.0">
  <uid>libkcal-260140893.827</uid>
  <organizer>
    <display-name>"T.E.S.T. User":MAILTO</display-name>
    <smtp-address>testuser at our.domain</smtp-address>
  </organizer>
  <summary>testmeeting1</summary>
  <location></location>
  <start-date>2006-11-15T12:30:00Z</start-date>
  <end-date>2006-11-15T13:00:00Z</end-date>
  <attendee>
    <display-name>"testresource zz_Test"</display-name>
    <smtp-address>testresource1 at our.domain</smtp-address>
    <status>needs-action</status>
    <request-response>true</request-response>
    <role>req-participant:mailto</role>
  </attendee>
</event>

It looks like the extra MAILTO: causes the problems.

If I change the RES account to manual invitation policy, user B can work with
that account (accept/deny/change) normally. Also, if an appointment is accepted
by the RES account manually, the organizer is set correctly (i.e. without the
extra MAILTO:). The problems only happen for automatic handling.

messages: 8898
nosy: itsef_admin
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Kolab 2.1: Auto resource handling causes extra MAILTO: in event/event not editable
topic: kde client, kolab-2.1