[Kolab-devel] Horde Installations

Andrew J. Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Tue May 30 10:14:43 CEST 2006

> I also have a shell script (with some additional files) that I wrote to
> fully install Horde with Kolab.  It downloads the packages, unpacks,
> installs, creates the DB, VFS, custom changes for hooks, and Kolab changes.

Since I've had a great deal of interest in this after I mentioned both here,
and my local LUG, I have spent a couple of days adding some features and
making some improvements to the original script.

The whole bundle of files is available here :

http://kolab.bddf.ca/horde_install.tar.gz

In my latest tests, I started with a clean system.  Installed Kolab from the
debian 3.1 rpms, and ran this script.  In less than 30 minutes I had a fully
functional Kolab server complete with the stable Horde functionality. w00t!

:D

The lowdown :

- all major operations can be run separately (download Horde, install horde,
create the Horde DB, install Kolab customizations, configure Horde for Kolab
integration).  Most people will run all options at once (I would think), but
you can run it piece by piece if you so wish.
- Horde is installed in a system web root.
- Horde DB is installed in the system PostgreSQL.
- Kolab is configured for this setup (horde.schema installed, php fixes for
Horde, and http configured to run on ports 8000 and 4430).
- Horde is configured based on your setup (base dn, kolab administrator)
- All Horde modules have a default configuration.

It does make the assumption that you will create a kolab user
horde-admin at yourdomain.com.

It's GPL'd.  Share with your other Kolab friends.  ;-)  Any feedback and
comments are of course welcome.

cheers,

Andy