[Kolab-devel] Kolab participation in the Google Summer of Code

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat May 6 01:06:25 CEST 2006

Zitat von Richard Bos <radoeka at xs4all.nl>:

> Op donderdag 4 mei 2006 22:41, schreef Jan Schneider:
>> > I assume you refer to the kolab/admin/user/forward.php and
>> > admin/user/vacation.php pages/functionality?
>> > Is it possible that sieve filter programs work together at all?
>>
>> You can have several sieve rulesets on your server, but only one at
>> a  time can be active.
>>
>> > Wouldn't it be possible at add such functionality to horde too?  There is
>> > already forwards
>> > (http://www.horde.org/forwards/screenshots/forwards3.png), isn't that a
>> > replacement for kolab/admin/user/forward.php?
>>
>> Ingo has support for forwards and vacation, you don't even need a
>> separate Horde module.
>
> Are you able to compare kolab's 'vacation.php' (being: Mail delivery|forward|
> vacation) and with horde's ingo?  Does Ingo provide the same (or more)
> options compared to kolab's user webinterface?

I don't know which features Kolab's vacation interface provide, but
what do you expect from such an interface? The requirements are pretty
limited. See this screenshot for an idea what Ingo provide for
vacation messages:
http://www.horde.org/ingo/screenshots/vacation.png

I should mention that Ingo is using sieve's vacation extension, not
some MTA vacation system. For that we have a (still) separate
application.

> BTW: how do the horde module's integrate with eachother?  Is there just a
> single sign on, and than it is possible to switch between the different
> applications like Turba, Kronolith, Ingo, etc?

Yes. And all applications communicate through a so-called "Registry".
You can create folders in IMP from Ingo, store contacts in Turba from
IMP, lookup attendees in Kronolith from Turba, store invitations from
IMP in Kronolith etc.

> What about kolab's 'modify user' interface (the page where the user
> can change
> his/her address, title, password, email delegates and such).  Is that covered
> by horde too?  (I did not install horde yet, that's being worked)....

Passwd, our application for changing passwords has a Kolab driver. The
other stuff can not be done from Horde at the moment. But porting such
an interface to integrate into Horde should be easy.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/