[Kolab-devel] Kolab participation in the Google Summer of Code

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Tue May 2 21:59:58 CEST 2006

Op dinsdag 2 mei 2006 12:11, schreef Fabio Pietrosanti:
> > * Write a standalone SyncML<->Kolab2 daemon.
> >   This would allow cellphones with built in groupware to
> >   synchronize directly with Kolab2.
> >   Very handy for the corporate market.
> >

> Imho this should not be a goal for Kolab but for Horde support of Kolab
> XML data format.
> Horde will be "the web interface" of kolab groupware system and already
> have a quite good Kolab XML data format handler.
> Horde have a SyncML server and we can use it.
>
> So, enhanching Horde code respect to Kolab integration would allow to
> provide also a SyncML services.
>
> Imho Horde is playing and will play an important role in the Kolab
> strategies.

I just saw that horde provides a new release for Ingo....  For what???  Ingo
indeed ;)  This is a sieve filter/rule editor/frontend (but not limited to
sieve alone).  Does anyone know is Ingo usable in combination with kolab?  I
think that this one, toghether with Turba, kronolith and the above mentioned
syncml server make a nice web user interface possible.....  Well hopefully
this will be achieved one day......??

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless