[Kolab-devel] more on logs

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Tue May 2 13:05:55 CEST 2006

* Andrew J. Kopciuch <akopciuch at bddf.ca> [20060423 09:40]:
> I seem to have another found another problem with the log rotations :
>
> The imap cyr_db.log file is not being rotated.  I noticed
> in /kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.imapd that there was a missing configuration :
>
> imapd_cyr_db_complevel="9"

Yes, can you file a bug for this?

> I also noticed there was no configuration for the sieve.log.

Maybe true, too.

> The pop3d.log, and misc.log file were not being rotated either.  The order in
> the rc file seems to be
>
> pop3d
> cyr_db
> misc
>
> Are the log rotations stopping at a problem with the pop3d log? And then not
> continuing on?  The configurations for pop3d seem alright.

pop3d.log is rotated correctly here, though not very often, since we
don't use it that often.

For misc.log I only have one rotation and no rotation for sieve.log,
but this is probably because they don't grow fast enough.

Thomas

Email: thomas at intevation.de
http://intevation.de/~thomas/