[Kolab-devel] Kolab with CentOS/ClarkConnect

Peter Baldwin peterb at pointclark.net
Thu Mar 30 22:38:59 CEST 2006

Hello Richard,

 > If you like I can commit the dist_conf file to cvs.  What would be the
 > name for the dist_conf file redhat, centos, perhaps fedora?  Or is the
 > latter not similar to redhat anymore?

The dist_conf should be identical for those three distributions.  We're
still a couple of weeks away from a more polished dist_conf (read:
removing some of our temporary hacks).  I just started a wiki page -- it
will be moved to the Kolab wiki when it's closer to completion:

http://www.clarkconnect.com/wiki/index.php?title=Kolab

 > What do you mean with a sandboxed apache and mysql?  Does
 > that mean that there will be 2 mysql's running, 1 regular and another
 > one for horde testing?  Is that using another port than?

Yup - exactly.  To make installation, upgrades and backups easier, we
have a separate MySQL instance that runs on localhost:3307.  We also
needed to have some control over the Apache/PHP environment -
specifically, the Pear and PECL modules.

This is a ClarkConnect-ism and not a requirement on CentOS/Red Hat.  In
terms of rpm spec files and dist_conf, the changes should be minimal.

 > Difficult question, code freeze or not....  Most the times it
 > are just little changes that are made....

Ok... it sounds like we should keep changes to a minimum!

Cheers,
Pete