[Kolab-devel] [issue1178] unified dialog for adding new (sub)ressources in kontact

Torsten Irländer kolab-issues at intevation.de
Wed Mar 22 18:45:39 CET 2006

New submission from Torsten Irländer <torsten.irlaender at intevation.de>:

Splitted from Issue849. I paste my Proposal from msg6773 here again:

The second point is that the current solution of adding subressources are a
littlebit confusing to me as there are more than one way to do this and these
ways work differently depending on which kind of subressource is selected or
not.
To make this a little bit clearer:

1. No ressource is selected. Clicking add shows a dialog asking which kind of
ressource i want to add.

2. Root of the kolab server tree selected. -> dialog asking for name of
subressource -> asking type of subressource (calendar,mail, contact etc.)

3. local calendar folder is selected -> shows the same dialog as in 1.

My proposal would be to have one single dialog:
1. asking what kind of ressource i want to add (new ressource or subressource)
2a. new ressource: choose ressource -> give name -> (configuration if needed)
2b. subressource: Selection of an existing ressource -> selecting type ->
give name -> (configuration if needed).

messages: 6864
nosy: bernhard, bh, david, till, torsten
priority: wish
status: unread
title: unified dialog for adding new (sub)ressources in kontact
topic: kde client