[Kolab-devel] The annotations.db problem...

T. Ribbrock admin_slox-e at itsef.com
Tue Mar 14 15:13:28 CET 2006

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 02:48:18PM +0100, Thomas Arendsen Hein wrote:
[...]
> As long as annotations.db is corrupted, cyrus can't write these
> annotations and correctly yields an error for this, which at least
> Toltec notices when doing the initial connection tests when setting
> up an account. The second problem is that imapd can't be restarted,
> so it won't come back after log rotation.

Thanks for the explanation! That makes what I'm currently seeing
extra-weird in my eyes, though. Since last Friday, the annotations.db
backup script from CVS flagged a corrupted annotations.db *four* times and
in all cases running the check from the script manually on the flagged
files confirmed a problem. However, after the last two (didn't check after
the first two), the actual annotations.db in /kolab/var/imapd was not
corrupted according to the same check and I decided not to replace it with
a backup. imapd is still working and I can find no error messages in its
logfiles. Neither did it fail to restart last night, despite the fact that
I got two warnings from the script yesterday.

I find this a most strange issue. (see also
https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue840 - I'm not sure what's the
best place to continue the discussions).

If there is anything else I can do/check, please let me know.

Cheerio,

Thomas