[Kolab-devel] Kolab-resource-handlers dependency on Horde libraries

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at gentoo.org
Thu Mar 9 19:19:43 CET 2006

There has recently been a discussion about which parts of the horde
library are actually required by the kolab-resource-handlers package.

I think the resmgr scripts within the resource-handlers package
actually pull in some unneeded parts of horde. I attached a patch that
removes these lines.

This way the actual horde framework dependencies are reduced to
Horde/MIME and Horde/iCalendar.

Looking at the original import point of the kolab-horde-framework code
into kolab cvs, I would say that the fork has been done from a horde
cvs checkout dated around 2004/05/29

There were no changes within the MIME package visible and there have
also been no patches applied to this part since it has been in kolab
cvs.

The iCalender package had modifications on the iCalendar/vfreebusy.php
script upon import in kolab cvs. Nothing else was changed. While the
horde framework resided within the kolab cvs there were only changes
applied to the iCalendar.php script.

This results in the reduced patch that I attached. This patch will fix
the horde-3.0.9 version of iCalendar for kolab.

This has not been an exact forensic analysis :) and I was not yet able
to fully test the functionality of the resmgr and freebusy
scripts. But maybe this helps to clean up the horde problem.

Regards

Gunnar