[Kolab-devel] Thunderbird + Lightning + Kolab 2 server to store and access addresses and events

Andreas Gungl a.gungl at gmx.de
Sat Jul 22 22:11:05 CEST 2006

Hello,

for those of you bound to Windows and looking for an OL-free solution to
access calendar and addressbook folders on a Kolab 2 server, I would
recommend you to have a look at "Sync Kolab"
http://www.gargan.org/extensions/synckolab.html .

That nice piece of software written by Niko Berger has recently got support
for Lightning. I've put some effort into the update of the calendar support.
Synckolab can now read and (New!) write most of the attributes of events in
the Kolab XML format.
There is no support for ToDos in Kolab XML format yet, and there are still
minor limitations regarding recurring events. Please see the web site for
details.

If it meets your requirements despite these limitations, please give it a try
and report problems (except of the known issues listed for the latest
version).

Best regards,
Andreas Gungl
--