[Kolab-devel] [issue1321] Hiding/Disabling local mailbox

Torsten Irländer kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Jul 20 15:57:57 CEST 2006

New submission from Torsten Irländer <torsten.irlaender at intevation.de>:

Kontact always uses the local mailbox located under ~/Mail or
~/.kde/share/apps/kmail.

There is the wish to disable this mailbox or at least hide it to prevent users
to store their mail in the local mailbox in a pure imap environment.

Maybe this can be done in the kolabwizard. Of course folders like drafts,
sent-mail, trash etc. must be replaced with the same folders on the imap.

I don't know if hiding/disabling folder is possible at all. If I think of our
proposed may to move mail in imap by copying mail into the local folder and
then back to  the imap, this might cause problems.

What do you think?

assignedto: till
messages: 7945
nosy: bernhard, pradeepto, till, torsten
priority: wish
status: unread
title: Hiding/Disabling local mailbox
topic: kde client