[Kolab-devel] [issue1312] Attachements in Tasks and Events (Outlook vs. Kontact)

Torsten Irländer kolab-issues at intevation.de
Mon Jul 17 11:58:12 CEST 2006

New submission from Torsten Irländer <torsten.irlaender at intevation.de>:

There is an option to attach file to a tasks or an event. The behavior how this
is done in Kontact differs to Outlook, which leads to the fact that both
clients can not see the attachements.

Outlook really attaches the file to the event or task mail, and syncs it up to
the server. So this file is potentially available for other users.

Kontact in contrast keeps the "attached" file locally on the filesystem and
adds a link pointing to the file:
<link-attachment>file:/home/test/proko2test6/Wasserlilien.jpg</link-attachment>

I think Outlook's approach is much better here as it make attachments usable in
a evironment with shared folders where various people have access to the
events/tasks.

I think Kontact should be adopted to Outlooks behavior here, or make it
configurable at least.

assignedto: till
messages: 7902
nosy: bernhard, pradeepto, till, torsten
priority: wish
status: unread
title: Attachements in Tasks and Events (Outlook vs. Kontact)
topic: kde client