[Kolab-devel] [issue1303] Inform user when a folder gets unshared and ask what to do

Torsten Irländer kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri Jul 7 11:02:51 CEST 2006

New submission from Torsten Irländer <torsten.irlaender at intevation.de>:

Following scenario:

User A,B. A shares his calendar with B. B is sitting in the train and works
offline on the calendar. In the meantime A unshares his folder with B. What
happens when B gets online and syncs? Are all local changes of B lost?

It would be a great Idea to implement a dialog informing the user that a folder
gets unshared for him and that he potentially loosing valueable data. The user
should have the option to store this folder locally. Maybe we can do this the
same way as toltec does and rename the folder into [unshared]foldername.

I'm putting Joon into the noisy list as we are dissussing a similar problem in
issue1293

assignedto: till
messages: 7825
nosy: bernhard, joonradley, pradeepto, till, torsten
priority: feature
status: unread
title: Inform user when a folder gets unshared and ask what to do
topic: kde client, toltec