[Kolab-devel] horde as kolab's web frontend or not

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 4 22:15:52 CEST 2006

Op dinsdag 4 juli 2006 00:09, schreef Gunnar Wrobel:
> Richard Bos <radoeka at xs4all.nl> writes:
> > Where is datatree stored?  Is it stored in mysql?  When I dumped the
> > mysql database(s) it did not contain any information...  But I think that
> > is very much explainable as I did not create any calendar, contact, etc
> > data yet.
>
> If you have no groupware folders then that would explain it :) The
> datatree is stored in the horde_datatree_* tables.

Hmm, I have groupware folders.  In kmail they have their own icons, so they
are easily recognized as groupware folder.  In horde however, they just like
a normal folder.  There is no content in the folder, is that what you mean
with "If you have no groupware folders".

> But to be honest I did not really think much about the kolab
> configuration tab. If you have the webmail on the same server as the
> kolab system nothing prevents you from using the standard kolabconf
> template system for configuring your webmail.

;) Indeed, but running a 'kolabconf -n' while horde has been in operation for
some time, may ruine the settings that have made by the sysadmin.  After with
a good wiki page, it is quite easy to configure horde, especially for an
experienced admin.

> All necessary parameters are readily available within the kolab
> configuration and the only parameter you need to set in order to
> complete the horde configuration is the mysql db password. The horde
> configuration templates that I use are available within my gentoo
> overlay.
>
> > ps: In the current (horde) setup, 1 ldap server is assigned to 1 web
> > server serving horde.  Is this okay, is this in line with the kolab
> > philosophy or should an ldap server be assinged per user?  I understand
> > that the latter is hard (perhaps impossible) to do.
>
> One ldap server per web server. At least that will be the usual
> case. If you plan to have a server with a webmail that allows access
> to several kolab backend servers you would need a "per user" configuration.

Thanks a lot for your clear analysis for of the horde code.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless