[Kolab-devel] Kolab website? + saslauthd

Sönke Ebert soenke.ebert at freenet.de
Mon Jan 30 19:48:19 CET 2006

Really strange.
Tried it again from home and from a remote office as well: nothing, server
timeout. No ping answer at all... but it's the same isp, maybe it's really a
dns/routing issue.
Sorry that I bothered the list with it, just wanted to do some research...

Since I am already writing:
I still have some minor problems with kolab (2.0.3) + freebsd 6.0.
Every few minutes (as I could see every time an outlook XP client connects
the pop service through Toltec 2.0.6), I get errors in saslauthd.log

<debug> saslauthd[62037]: ldap_simple_bind() failed -1 (Can't contact LDAP
server).
<info> saslauthd[62037]: Retrying authentication

I raised the loglevel in openldap but I have to admit that I'm not an expert
in ldap so I don't really understand what is going on and why it can't
contact the server.

Also I have an issue with kolabquotawarn: I know it has been discussed
before in the list but I still get messages saying in saslauthd.log

<debug> saslauthd[62037]: Domain/Realm not available
every time kolabquotawarn is invoked. It also doesn't seem to work at all,
so I simply disabled it.

Thanks a lot
Sönke