[Kolab-devel] [issue1091] Kolab serious web admin problem on high number of openldap users (user mgmt)

Fabio Pietrosanti / Khamsa SA kolab-issues at intevation.de
Sun Jan 29 22:21:35 CET 2006

New submission from Fabio Pietrosanti / Khamsa SA <kolab at khamsa.ch>:

There are problem when there are many users in the kolab webadmin interface.

If there are more than 50.000 users, the web admin interface is't able to work because of timeouts of
php/apache and because of the size of the web page returned to the web browser (about 1.5k of html
for each user...).
I will submit quick and dirty patch to allow the subselection of users with at least two initial letters (aa,
ab, ac, and so on ).

I insist that the web admin interface should be written using the horde framework for a quick, clean and
easy to maintain web management interface.

I will attempt to find out some economic resource for some customer to finance something like that for
kolab. (I hope to find someone)

messages: 6389
nosy: khamsa
priority: critical
status: unread
title: Kolab serious web admin problem on high number of openldap users (user mgmt)