[Kolab-devel] Kolab name and logo copyright?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 23 10:20:50 CET 2006

Hi Henning,

Am Montag, 16. Januar 2006 14:17 schrieb Henning Holtschneider:
> we have written a non-GPL software which shall works as a connector between
> the Kolab server and Microsoft Active Directory.

is it Free Software?
(Background: There are many Free Software licenses which are non-GNU GPL.)

> Since it (currently) only
> works together with a Kolab server, we would like to incorporate "Kolab"
> and the Kolab "O" Logo into the software's own name and logo. Does anyone
> on this list know who created the logo? Did the Kolab Konsortium register
> "Kolab" as a trademark?

The companies behind the Kolab Konsortium claim "Kolab" and the logo
as a trademark for the project. And we also know who created the logo for us.
I have to bring that up internally how we want to allow the usage of the logo,
especially for non-free software.

Bernhard