[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.1 Distribution list

gelpi@corona.it corona at gelpi.it
Fri Jan 13 15:47:32 CET 2006

Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2006 10:48 schrieb gelpi at corona.it:
>
>>Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>

>>>Actually I thought that virtual_maps should have this line.
>>>Do you have a virtual_maps parameter? What does it contain?
>>
>>Well virtual_maps exists and is:
>>
>>virtual_maps =  hash:/kolab/etc/postfix/virtual,
>>         ldap:/kolab/etc/postfix/ldapdistlist.cf,
>>         ldap:/kolab/etc/postfix/ldapvirtual.cf
>>
>>But for some strange reason virtual_alias_maps does not point to
>>virtual_maps or better this doesn't work with my installation.
>>
>>Well looking now at the log I discovered where the problem come from.
>>
>>In the log I found:
>>
>>Jan 09 22:55:26 dafnen <info> postfix/smtpd[6231]: dict_lookup:
>>virtual_maps = hash:/kolab/etc/postfix/virtual, ?ldap:/kolab
>>/etc/postfix/ldapdistlist.cf, ?ldap:/kolab/etc/postfix/ldapvirtual.cf
>>

>>Jan 09 22:55:26 dafnen <info> postfix/smtpd[6231]: dict_lookup:
>>virtual_alias_maps = regexp:/kolab/etc/postfix/virtual_regexp
>>
>>Why there is a question mark in front of ldap?
>

> Good question.
> It might be a permission problem!
> Can you check setting the file permissions to kolab-r.kolab-r?

Thi is what I found in ldapdistlist.cf.template

KOLAB_META_START
TARGET=/kolab/etc/postfix/ldapdistlist.cf
PERMISSIONS=0640
OWNERSHIP=root:root
KOLAB_META_END

I cahnge it as in virtual.cf kolab-n.kolab-r
I removed virtual_alias_maps ...
And now all is working.

So I think it was a problem of permission.

I made a check on what I have soon after installation. (after ./obmtool
kolab)

KOLAB_META_START
TARGET=/kolab/etc/postfix/ldapdistlist.cf
PERMISSIONS=0640
OWNERSHIP=root:root
KOLAB_META_END

The OWNERSHIP is wrong, this is the problem?

Andrea Gelpi