[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.1 postfix configuration

gelpi@corona.it corona at gelpi.it
Sun Jan 8 17:53:38 CET 2006

> Hi,
> thanks for helping to test this! It is appreciated a lot.
>
> Am Samstag, 7. Januar 2006 12:06 schrieb gelpi at corona.it:
> > 	on a fresh kolab 2.1 installation (December 15 snapshot) in
> > /kolab/etc/postfix/main.cf there is:
> >
> > myhostname = test.example.it
> > mydomain = example.it
> > myorigin = $mydomain
> >

> > masquerade_domains = $mydomain
> > masquerade_exceptions = root
> >
> > I also have a user in kolab (support at example.it)
> >
> > If I send a mail to kolab server to support at test.example.it I expect
> > this mail to be sent to support at example.it.
>
> I am unsure what the best behaviour is in this case.
> At least "support at test.example.it" is not a user (so far).
> Does sending email to support at example.it work as it should?

Yes, support at example.it works fine.

The real problem are some system services (not kolab) that send mail to
root at hostname. For example cron, logwatch, etc ...

For this kind of adresses have I to create a sub-domain (= to hostname)
and create the users?

It would be great if the hostname maps to its parent domain name,
isn't it?

Thanks,

Andrea Gelpi