[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.1 Distribution list

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Sun Jan 8 13:15:17 CET 2006

Hi Andrea,

Am Samstag, 7. Januar 2006 11:36 schrieb gelpi at corona.it:
> 	I'm testing the 2.1 development December 15 snapshot.

thanks, it is very important that people give this a beating.

> Afeter installing it, I connect to amin web interface and the system ask
> me to give an e-mail address for postamster, abuse and so on. I use
> support at example.it and soon after I create support at example.it.
>
> After that I can see some distribution list for those addresses.

What do this distribution lists contain?
The usual workflow would be to create a user and then enter this
user in the webinterface to create the distribution lists.
Of course the interface seems to suggest to the user to directly
enter these addresses so a bug seem to be lying in here..

> But if I send a mail to postmaster at example.it the mail goes to /dev/null
> as I can see from postfix log.

> The same is for all other address listed in /kolab/etc/postfix/aliases
>
> In /koloab/var/postfix/log/postfix.log I can read
>
> <info> postfix/local[14054]: 665FC3C99C: to=<root at example.it>,
> orig_to=<abuse at example.it>, relay=local, delay=0, status=sent (delivered
> to file: /dev/null)
>
> Note: Here is "local" component of postfix that operate.

Strange.

> If I send a mail to virusalert at example.it I got back an error message:
>
> <virusalert at example.it>: service unavailable. Command output: Failed to set
>      recipient: Invalid response code received from server, code 550
>
> Note that virusalert is not in /kolab/etc/postfix/aliases.
>
> Looking at the code it seems that the error come from kolabmailboxfilter
> when it calls LMTP.

Code 550 means: The mailbox does not exist with Cyrus IMAPd.
So this might be because the distribution list were not created properly.