[Kolab-devel] CVS commit messages and testing.

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 5 21:27:16 CET 2006

Op donderdag 5 januari 2006 11:18, schreef Bernhard Reiter:
> a) CVS comment are not the right place to add comments that might
> change over time or contain questions, general hints or things todo.
> That you have not tested it well, is not a eternal property of the changes
> between the two files. :)

I have read that people use it to invite other developers for coffee (or
whatever fluid)...

> b) I would of course be really cool, if you could just keep an OpenPKG
> based system around to test your changes at least a little bit. We will do
> some testing at some time, but we might notice bugs quite a bit later then.
> Currently I guess the OpenPKG is still the main system for Kolab Servers
> and we need to keep it in shape or loose important users.

I have my operational kolab installation, which I do not use for testing (as
it involved removing of configuration files).  I thought that I did not have
a spare system that I could use for testing, but hey I found one.  It is now
building the latest snapshot.  As stated before I consider kolab/openpkg the
main system as well, and of course I don't like you to loose customers
(whether or not important ones) due to my fiddling around!

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless