[Kolab-devel] [issue854] Kolab2: Erro: Multiple results returned for DN ...

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Tue Feb 28 11:50:30 CET 2006

On Monday 25 July 2005 08:33, Henning Holtschneider wrote:
> On Sunday 24 July 2005 18:55, Frank Matthieß wrote:
> > New submission from Frank Matthieß <frankm at lug-owl.de>:
> >
> > Kolab2 rc2:
>
> You might want to upgrade. RC2 is old ;-)
>
> > ldif from ldapsearch:
> > /kolab/bin/ldapsearch -D 'cn=manager,cn=internal,dc=bsv,dc=lan' -W \
> > -b 'cn=external,dc=bsv,dc=lan' '(cn=*Redaktion*)'
> >
> > dn: cn=Stefan  Philipp Redaktion,cn=external,dc=bsv,dc=lan
> > objectClass: top
> > objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> > objectClass: kolabInetOrgPerson
> > sn: Redaktion
> > cn: Stefan  Philipp Redaktion
> > givenName: Stefan  Philipp
> > mail: addr at mail.tld
>
> What is this supposed to tell us? The result looks fine.

I am getting the same error, the group was added by another admin who claimed
it was "difficult to add" - in english this means he messed it up, but I do
not know how:

In web admin to try to modify the group, go to distribution lists, click on
mydl, error is returned:
Error: Multiple results returned for DN 'cn=mydl,dc=mydomain,dc=com'

In shell - "ldapsearch cn=mydl" returns (modified names):
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <> with scope sub
# filter: cn=mydl
# requesting: ALL
#

# mydl, mydomain.com
dn: cn=mydl,dc=mydomain,dc=com
objectClass: kolabGroupOfNames
cn: mydl
mail: mydl at mydomain.com
member: cn=foo bar,dc=mydomain,dc=com
member: cn=bar foo,dc=mydomain,dc=com
member: cn=far boo,dc=mydomain,dc=com

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

I am not sure, but this seems to suggest that there is only one entry, so
where is the error coming from?

VERSION INFO:
Kolab2 Groupware Server Version
2.0.1

Kolab2 Groupware Server Component Versions
perl-kolab-5.8.7-2.0_20050912
kolabd-1.9.4-20050913
kolab-resource-handlers-0.3.9-20050615
kolab-webadmin-0.4.0-20050831