[Kolab-devel] KMail extensions

Karl Pitrich pit at 0xff.at
Mon Feb 6 19:40:47 CET 2006

Hi Kolab List,

I'm KDE-devel newbie and i need to extend KMail, I need to add a toolbar
button and/or context menu entry to KMail which, uppon click, exports
the message in a temporary file and invokes some uri via a web browser
which then imports the messge in some document management system.

IIRC there was some work from the Kolab and/or Ägypten Projects in this
area, i'd appreciate any pointers on how to go about that.

so far i was able to extend kview with a sample menu entry and do hello
world in a kpartplugin in c++.
however, i seem unable to archieve the same for kmail, is there any
special voodoo involved?

thanks for any help,

 - karl