[Kolab-devel] Debian Kolab packages

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 4 15:25:17 CET 2006

Op zaterdag 4 februari 2006 14:45, schreef Noèl Köthe:
> we are happy to announce the Debian Kolab (www.kolab.org) packages:
>
> http://pkg-kolab.alioth.debian.org/
>
> We built these packages for one of our customer at work
> (www.credativ.de) and are happy to give the work completly to Debian and
> the users.
> The reason why we don't use the upstream openpkg system is, that we love
> the Debian package management and don't want to administrate a second
> package system (openpkg) in the Debian one. See
>
> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_linux_distribution_integration
>
> We will finalize these packages and will then beginn to upload them to
> experimental.

From what I saw from the svn repository, is that you patched quite some files
to get this working isn't it?

> The steps are:
> 1. add "deb http://pkg-kolab.alioth.debian.org/experimental-packages/ ./"
> to your sources.list
> 2. "apt-get update; apt-get install kolabd"
> 3. Read
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-kolab/trunk/kolabd/debian/README.Debian?op=f
>ile&rev=0&sc=0 4. Tell us problems, bugs, suggestions on our mailinglist
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-kolab-devel

Why didn't you use the dist_conf method, just specify all paths and files in
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/kolabd/kolabd/dist_conf/debian?rev=1.4&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
and make (actually./configure) kolab with "--with-dist=debian
--without-openpkg".  Now you ontain kolab without need to patch it :)  For
suse this works now, I guess for debian most of it will work as well.  If not
the code should be adapted for it (if possible).

With the dist_conf method you're also getting the possibility to access kolab
at e.g. https://fqdn/kolab/admin iso just https://fqdn/admin.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless