[Kolab-devel] [issue1102] OpenLDAP cache size should be dynamically configured

Fabio Pietrosanti / Khamsa SA kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Feb 2 12:43:48 CET 2006

New submission from Fabio Pietrosanti / Khamsa SA <kolab at khamsa.ch>:

OpenLDAP by default is configured for using 25MB of cache.

However on high number of users this value is too low.
I had to tune to 128MB with 79.000 users to get good performances.

And 25MB is too much for few thousand users.

IMHO we should find the right algorithm to dynamically allocate the cache size looking at the number of
users available in the ldap.

messages: 6431
nosy: khamsa
priority: feature
status: unread
title: OpenLDAP cache size should be dynamically configured