[Kolab-devel] Debbuging help for unreliable Kontact needed

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at itsef.com
Tue Dec 5 12:27:07 CET 2006

Hi all,

some insight needed from someone who knows Kontact... Among our 36 users, we
have two or three who frequently loose appointments and/or tasks. In this
case, I'm not talking about issue1498 (where appointments/tasks only vanish
from view), but about actual loss. The events are gone from both local cache
and IMAP. So far, I have not been able to find out what's going on and it
doesn't happen all the time - just often enough for those users to loudly
complain about the reliability of the groupware system. :-( What I need is
some tips as to how I could go about tracking this down. In principle, all
our machines have the same installation of SuSE 10.0 using Kontact proko2.1.5
and all are connected to the same server (Kolab 2.1beta3), so I'm baffled as
to why some users have this problem and others don't. I've even created an
hourly backup for the users in question, just to have something more to lean
on. Hence, *any* ideas as to how to tackle this would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Thomas