[Kolab-devel] python connector - preliminary ideas

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Dec 5 12:18:05 CET 2006

On Friday 01 December 2006 21:36, Dick Kniep wrote:
> Retrieve entries
> As a default one retrieves the stores from oneself ( = the user that is
> logged on). However, if one wants the calendar of a certain person, one
> could simply use the object retrieved in acl, and retrieve the calendar for
> that object.

Important when thinking about the imap library and encapsulation is:
The client should support sync queues and the possibility to do
high level optimisations.

> As far As I understand, there are 4 main stores that can be retrieved,
> called "Calendar", "Contacts", "Tasks" and "Journal". These can have
> different names (depending on language and user intervention) and could be
> distinguished by annotations which is available in Python 2.5. (I do read
> this discussion;-))

Note that each folder can contain such items and you can have many folders.
A good Kolab client therefor can "cache" all folders.

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)