[Kolab-devel] using givenName and sn for administrator/maintainer ldap objects

Andreas Gungl a.gungl at gmx.de
Fri Aug 25 20:58:39 CEST 2006

Am Freitag, 25. August 2006 11:59 schrieb Tobias Koenig:
> On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 11:10:55AM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > Next we need a migration procedure.
> Come on, that's a 10 line python script...

Tobias,

IMO the concept of cn is a bit weak at least for a large LDAP dir contents. In
our office, we have about 10.000+ addresses in the directory. There are
duplicates of given name and name, so we couldn't help but add the email
like "Andreas Gungl (gungl at domain)".

Guess what happens in Kmail when looking up addresses. The address completion
is seriously broken, offering things like "Andreas (gungl at domain)"
and "(gungl at domain), Andreas". - Sorry, the exmaples are not completely
correct, as I'm not in the office ATM. Use cases in KAddressbook aren't
concerned.

So I think it's a bit more to do than coding 10 lines in Python. If you're
interested in an investigation, I would welcome you in our Dresden office.

Andreas
--
Kindermode Online - Fashion for Kids
http://www.theofeel.de