[Kolab-devel] using givenName and sn for administrator/maintainer ldap objects

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Aug 25 11:10:55 CEST 2006

Am Freitag, 25. August 2006 08:54 schrieb Tobias Koenig:
> IIRC Martin mentioned that in future versions the cn should be an unique
> identifier anyway, which is independend from the name, so why not
> switching now?

Because we do not have a full concept of how this unique identifier
is constructed and all the other use cases work.
Next we need a migration procedure.

In addition the 2.1. server series has the goal of staying compatible
from the LDAP point of view to not cause higher efforts at the tools
that already have been integrated with Kolab's current LDAP concept.
E.g. EDS' DirActory, Univention's UCS, Gonicus' GOsa.

Any proposed change must take this into account as we want to
keep Kolab attractive. So for the tasks given above, this is likely
to happen with a larger development step.

	Bernhard