[Kolab-devel] [issue1363] Phone number types display quirks

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri Aug 18 09:55:42 CEST 2006

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

Kontact Proko2 2.1.3, German
On Debian Sarge ia32

There are several quirks when working with the phone numbers
within contact information.

To reproduce, create a new contact, "okay" it and then
reopen it, by double clicking.
Observation: There are three phone numbers shown
private, work, mobile

Problem a):
a.1: Set the first phone slot to work (fax), enter numbers
     in all three slots (work (fax), work, mobile). Press "okay".
a.2: Open up the contact again.
Observation: The first slot has changed display back to "private" again,
which is empty.
Expected behaviour: Show "work (fax)" and the number.

Problem b):
b.1: Open the work on phone numbers dialog. Delete the "private" slot.
     Now the three slots are labled differently. Press "okay".
b.2: Open up contact agin.
     Observation: "private" is there as first slot label again
     and in the work dialog.
     Expected behaviour: "private" stays gone.

Problem c):
c.1: same as a.1, now open the work on phone number dialog, select
     work (fax), edit and check the button: preferred number.
     Okay and close all dialogs.
c.2: Select contact, you can see on the right side that there are
     four numbers now, the additional one is the "preferred".
     Expected: Behavious: I have only three numbers, but one keeps
     and or possibly display this "prefered" attribute.

I cannot say what the right solutions are to these problems
at least a) is kkc. We probably should check if there are similiar problems
filed with KDE already.

assignedto: till
messages: 8239
nosy: bernhard, bh, pradeepto, till
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Phone number types display quirks
topic: kde client, kkc