[Kolab-devel] providing "real" sources

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Aug 17 19:23:03 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 16. August 2006 21:49 schrieb Marcus Hüwe:
> what about providing "real" sources (e.g. tar.bz2) for the kolab snapshots?

I have nothing against this in principle,
but we currently might lack the workforce to make this a reality.

> At the moment there are only openpkg src.rpms
> http://max.kde.org:8080/mirrors/ftp.kolab.org/server/development/20060811-s
>ince-20060111/sources/ It would be nice to have tarballs too so everyone can
> install them on a "normal" system without problems (for example without
> unpacking the rpms etc..).
> I attached patches for the kolabd, krh, kwa and perl-kolab packages.

Can you make a wish and attach the patches?
Are there negative side effect to the patches?

> This would make the whole kolab-buildmechanism much more easier for
> new/normal users IMHO.

I think most normal and new users should use the current distribution with
obmtool, but nontheless, it would be good to have tarballs.

Bernhard