[Kolab-devel] unable to connect to 127.0.0.1:2003

Wim Bakker wim at unetix.nl
Tue Aug 15 10:19:31 CEST 2006

Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Samstag, 12. August 2006 19:41 schrieb Wim Bakker:
>> Wim Bakker wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> Suddenly I'm getting the following error when receiving mail
>>>
>>> can anybody tell me what this is and what is supposed to run on
>>> 172.0.0.1:2003 ?
>>> what the kolabmailboxfilter is ,why is it there , why it suddenly
>>> expects something to run on port 2003 , where that could be configured,
>>> etc.
>>>

>>> Aug 12 18:15:07 mailjg.gold <info> postfix/pipe[24085]: 53214F01B7C9:
>>> to=<john at johngold.nl>, relay=kolabmailboxfilter, delay=1023,
>>> status=deferred (temporary failure. Command output: PHP Warning:
>>> fsockopen(): unable to connect to 127.0.0.1:2003 in
>>> /var/kolab/kolab/php/pear/Net/Socket.php on line 109 Failed to connect
>>> to $myclass: Failed to connect socket: Connection refused, code 421 )
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Wim bakker
>> Ok I found it 2003 is lmtpd  , and cyrus doesn't start anymore since
>> Aug 11 17:34. When I try to start it the master log stops right
>> here and no proces ctl_cyrusdb is running :
>>
>> Aug 12 19:33:13 mailjg.gold <debug> master[4765]: about to exec
>> /kolab/bin/ctl_cyrusdb
>>
>> When I su to kolab-r and run ctl_cyrusdb -r manual it says it can't
>> read the mailboxes file ???
>> mailboxes.db seems to be fine though.
>> How do I get some usefull debug output that tells me where to start
>> getting it to run again?
>
> Maybe the file is corrupted?
> You could try the tools coming with dbd.
> You can also try an strace on the ctl_cryusdb command.

Hello ,

I found the reason , cyrmaster immediately segfaults , and it happens
when the slightest irregularity happens in the mail proces.
I had to transfer mailboxes from a webexchange server to the new
kolabserver and I dropped the mails in the user's spooldirectory
and than tried to run reconstruct on it , unfortunately I forgot
to shut down imapd first, and now it's segfaulting.
Redid the whole installation, and now it's fine (first shot the imapd
and than put all the mail in the folders, cyrreconstruct and go )

Thanks
Wim Bakker