[Kolab-devel] [issue1349] Behaviour when being invited from a calender you have write access to.

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Aug 10 11:30:07 CEST 2006

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

I wonder what the right behaviour in the following use case is:

Several users in a group (A,B,C,D) have write access to a calendar folder G.
They create or move appointments in there which
have attendees.

Assuming they want confirmations from people within their group,
they might send invitation emails.

Scenario 1:
* User A creates an appointment in G
* User B gets the invitation email.

Testing with
Kontact: 1.0 (proko2 branch after 2.1.2) Revision 571376,
which has the fix for issue1298

when User B accepts this email and chooses to save it in folder G,
there are now two emails in folder G.

Is this correct behaviour?
One of my thoughts is that if I get invited to an appointment
that I can also write, that I only change the status of the
original appointment in the folder G
or at least get asked for the possibility
and not send out a confirmation email.

What do you think?

I wonder if the behaviour should be related
to if I have an identity as organiser or not.

messages: 8154
nosy: bernhard, bh, martin, till
priority: feature
status: unread
title: Behaviour when being invited from a calender you have write access to.
topic: kde client