[Kolab-devel] Thunderbird + Lightning + Kolab 2 server to store and access addresses and events

Andreas Gungl a.gungl at gmx.de
Wed Aug 9 21:30:36 CEST 2006

Status update:

Synckolab ...
> ... written by Niko Berger has recently got support
> for Lightning. I've put some effort into the update of the calendar
> support. Synckolab can now read and (New!) write most of the attributes of
> events in the Kolab XML format.
> There is no support for ToDos in Kolab XML format yet, and there are still
> minor limitations regarding recurring events. Please see the web site for
> details.

Now that Synckolab 0.4.23 is available I'm working on the completion of the
format conversion. Locally I've made Synckolab using X-KOLAB-* properties
within the events in Lightning, so _all_ data of the Kolab XML format can be
stored. (I could need an up-to-date and complete format specification for
Kolab XML, the one I have seems a bit outdated. Any pointers?)

I've also started to work on exclusions in recurrences. The import has been
finished, now I have to solve the export. I'm still fighting a bit with the
Lightning code and (sometimes) with bugs in it (it's still alpha after all),
but things are promising. Afterwards I hope to finish the conversion of
yearly recurrence rules which would make Synckolab feature complete regarding
the import and export of events.

Also worth to mention, importing events from a Kolab calendar folder looks
quite stable, but there are still some sync issues which can make uploads a
pain. I hope Niko will help to solve these problems so that I can focus on
the conversion methods.

As soon as I have reached a significant improvent, I'll post a patch for
Synckolab or better ask Niko for a new release.

Best regards,
Andreas Gungl
--
Kindermode Online - Fashion for Kids