[Kolab-devel] Kolab-resource-handlers dependency on Horde libraries

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Sun Apr 30 17:48:43 CEST 2006

On Saturday 22 April 2006 08:05, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Freitag, 14. April 2006 13:56 schrieb Jan Schneider:
>
> Hi Jan,
>
> > If someone is able to explain the changes in the patch, and if it
> > doesn't break anything for the regular Horde code, we may be able
> > to apply it upstream, so that you won't need to patch the code in
> > future releases.
> > I wonder why this didn't happen the first time.
>
> I very much agree. Back then when the horde fork was introduced in
> the cvs I was not happy and I have been told that it is only a
> temporary solution due to time contraints.
>
> IMHO maintaining such a fork is already an unacceptable burden and a
> big security risk.
>
> Steffen: Can you please cooperate with the Horde people on seriously
> discussing how to merge the Kolab changes in the main tree?

Getting rid of our Horde copy is a larger task than I have time for
currently, sorry. But we can of course talk about how to do it. But
please keep in mind that I have been wanting to get 2.1 out for a long
time, and to avoid postponing that indefinetely we shoulnd't tinker too
much with the code right now.

Do we have any Horde people lurking here?

And re the html fbview package: This has larger dependencies on Horde
than the resmgr stuff and I have the feeling that parts of the
Horde-code has even been hacked to suit that particular purpose (ie.
changes that for good reason wont make sense upstream). If I could
choose, I would want to see fbview removed from Kolab and have similar
functionality added to the Horde webclient instead.

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se