[Kolab-devel] Distributed Kolab Setup / IMAP question

Michael Leupold leupold at leunet.de
Tue Apr 25 13:49:33 CEST 2006

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 25. April 2006 12:39 schrieb Torsten Irländer:
> The IMAP Server supports Mailbox-Referrals in principle but they seemed not
> to be used. This would indeed be a nice feature because it could  simplify
> my setup on the client. But I'm not sure about the reasons why this
> referrals are not used.
> Can someone here on the list bring some light in this issue?

After having another look and digging through the according manpages, it seems
cyrus itself only "really" supports referrals through a murder-setup with an
mupdate-server, but I'm not sure on that yet.
Unfortunately I don't have a distributed setup, so I can't test it. I'd be
interested in what SERVER1 would say if you try to SELECT a mailbox which is
located on SERVER2 and how that information is looked up (local cyrusdb or
probably even ldap).

Regards,
Michael