[Kolab-devel] Kolab-resource-handlers dependency on Horde libraries

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Apr 13 13:26:02 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 12. April 2006 15:40 schrieb Gunnar Wrobel:
> Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> writes:
> >>
> >> As I mentioned in my last email the kolab-resource-handlers will then
> >> depend on the horde-3.1.1 version. Right now kolab lacks this
> >> version. The import of the "String" module that has now been added to
> >> the resource handler will fail without it.
> >
> > So your patch break current OpenPKG install?
> > If so, can you prove it, so it does not break it?

[(improve it) as Richard has rightfully corrected.]

> Maybe we misunderstood each other. The patch certainly breaks the
> current OpenPKG install *if* it lacks the corresponding horde code
> (current release 3.1.1) and without the new horde version there is no
> reason to include it.

[the very good summary removed for this answer]

I think I understood most of it correctly,
but of course your summary was wonderful!
Of course, this is our plan!
My concern only was about keeping the current CVS ready to release server 2.1
and in a funcational state.

> Only applying the kolab side of the patch without including the horde
> part will not work and I would suggest to simply revert the patch for
> now until Steffen had a chance to look at the horde side of things.

I guess best would be an issue that collects all the patches and steps
until we can make the switch and have a funcational CVS again.
I think a branch might be too much for this step.

--
www.kolab-konsortium.com  Professional Maintenance, Consultancy and Support.