[Kolab-devel] Split up mailinglists?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Apr 10 18:52:05 CEST 2006

Hi Martin,

Am Sonntag, 9. April 2006 20:39 schrieb Martin Konold:
> Am Mittwoch, 5. April 2006 15:46 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

> > It seems that traffic on Kolab Mailinglists is really growing.
> > What would you all think about adding new mailinglists
> > to make it easier for people to find what they are looking for?
>
> I am currently against splitting up the mailing lists.

thanks for giving your opinion.
Given that most people here did not like splitting them up now,
I refrained from doing so anyway.

> Reasons include:
>
> - Traffic is not that big on any single existing ml
> - The fragmentation leads to annoying cross-posting
> - Yet again you are going to force your personal preferences on even more
> Kolab mailinglists (I left kolab-users because of the reply-to setting)

Yet again you are making unwarranted accusations.
I did not force a split up of mailinglists, I have asked for an opinion.
A few people that are not on this list asked for a German users list.
Obviously, those people not feeling that well with English,
will have a low chance of posting on kolab-devel.
Given that most people here do not like it, I will not create such a list.
This is _not_ my personal opinion, it is an opinion formed by the group.

The same happened with the reply-to setting. I have asked for opinions.
There was not a clear majority to change the setting of the list to mangle
the reply-to.

Bernhard

--
www.kolab-konsortium.com  Professional Maintenance, Consultancy and Support.