[Kolab-devel] Squirrelmail (was: Translated folder names)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Apr 7 12:00:24 CEST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 6. April 2006 18:09 schrieb Benoit Mortier:
> When discussing this problem with other peoples, someone tell me "Why not
> using squirrelmail with Kolab"
>
> I like squirrelmail, it is fast, light and got lots of plugins !
>
> What do you think of that ?

Using Squirrelmail as Webclient for Email is fine to a point, I guess,
as are many IMAP4 webclients.
The really interesting part is the calendar and the addressbook.
I have not had a deep look into what squirrelmail offers,
but I am sceptical that all the necessary features are there
to make it a better webclient as Horde.

Finding the best components of compiling a really good webclient
includes evaluating the available components and is hard work.

Bernhard