[Kolab-devel] Split up mailinglists?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Apr 6 17:46:48 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 5. April 2006 17:00 schrieb T. Ribbrock:
> On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 03:46:23PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> [new mailinglists]
>
> > kolab-users-de@
> >          as many users seems to be in Germany
>
> Wouldn't that potentially leave the non-German speakers out in the cold,
> as a lot of German speakers might migrate to the new list, thus reducing
> the value of the original list? Or am I being overly paranoid? :-} It's
> only that when I look at kolab-user, there aren't *that* many people
> posting.

The idea is to grow.
If we get much more German users helping themselfs, because they feel better
just helping themselfs in German, it could work without damaging
international users.

It is true that there is this danger, this is why I have asked.
Some our developers do not read kolab-users anymore because there is so much
traffic. This usually is a sign for too much traffic.