[Kolab-devel] Translated folder names

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Apr 6 17:42:41 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 5. April 2006 16:29 schrieb Gunnar Wrobel:
> Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> writes:
> > Note: There are doubts that Horde can actually be fully fixed
> > from the design side.
>
> Hm, I already noticed a few comments in that direction on this
> list. But I admit that I did not yet understand the reasoning behind
> the wish for a new web client.
>
> I personally consider the web client to be a very important feature
> for a groupware server. And to be honest I don't have the feeling
> there is currently enough development workforce available for a "from
> scratch" solution. But that might be a misconception.

But this would mean that we will not have an acceptable web client soon.

> So far I thought
> fixing horde would be the only option available.
>
> Co maybe you can give me a few hints as to what prevents horde from
> being an acceptable web client solution for the kolab server?

This is better explained by the developers itself. The management perspective
is: First everybody things Horde is fixable, then they try doing this which
turns out harder as expected. When asking for a good design that will do a
regular behaviour of an imap client, that will not completely bog down  the
server and have consistancy bugs because the use of a database: The answer
is:  A rewrite would be less expensive.