[Kolab-devel] Translated folder names

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at gentoo.org
Wed Apr 5 13:25:37 CEST 2006

Hi!

When I log into my horde-3.1.1 installation as a new user it will
automatically create some basic shares (Contacts, Kalender, etc.)
Horde recently included a patch that creates translated folder names
(see
http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php?r1=1.44&r2=1.45&ty=h&f=framework%2FKolab%2FKolab.php
and bug http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=3494). Now kontact (v1.2)
gets confused and recreates duplicated folders.

Apparently the switch for horde has been done in order to adapt it to
share handling in outlook.

Now I was wondering what the appropriate naming for the default shares
should be. Translated or untranslated?

I would assume that the clean way would be to create some default
shares with untranslated names that are then translated by the
clients. But will that work with outlook?

I think somebody mentioned something along similar lines a while
ago. Has this already been discussed and solved?

Thanks!

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wrobel                    Gentoo Developer

Mail: wrobel at gentoo.org
WWW:  http://www.gunnarwrobel.de
IRC:  #gentoo-web at freenode.org