[Kolab-devel] The kolab-resource-handlers module

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 27 23:41:59 CEST 2005

Op maandag 26 september 2005 15:52, schreef Bernhard Reiter:
> Am Freitag, 23. September 2005 21:22 schrieb Richard Bos:
> > Is the kolab-resource-handlers module really needed to obtain a working
> > kolab system?  I understand that the appointments can't be made on the
> > right time without this module,
>
> Resmgr and kolabfilter are responsible for handling invitations like for
> resource planning. The freebusy scripts are necessary to get freebusy
> lists.

These are fine, both are just over 200k and can be autoconfiscated (I think).

> > but if the module is not there would kolab
> > funtion as email server equipped with a spam and virus scanner?
> > (I think it is possible,.....)
>
> Yes, a Kolab Server could be made to work without this,
> but it would not be a Kolab2 Server anymore.
>
> > The kolab-resource-handlers module is big, that is mainly due to the
> > fbview functionality (kolab-resource-handlers/fbview/fbview).  What would
> > happen if only the kolab-resource-handlers/freebusy/ qnd
> > kolab-resource-handlers/resmgr/ would autoconfiscated and the fbview not?
> > Would that be a problem?  Is it possible to consider the fbview as a
> > kolab module, like; kolabd or kolab-webadmin?
>
> It would be okay to consider fbview a module which some people would not
> want to install, but I expect that some of the code is actually needed to
> parse and handle iCalendar for resmgr and freebusy and we cannot go without
> those. So first we would need to find out how to have the same
> funcationality with less code.

Does this need to wait till 3.0?  I hope not, as the fbview is over 25M!
Autoconfiscating 25M of code is not so easy is you can imagine.  Especially
is one know that only a tiny part of the code is acutally for kolab (the rest
for fbview).

Can you add some target date(s) or something like that on this?  Or a strategy
to distract the code from fbview ....

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless