[Kolab-devel] The kolab-resource-handlers module

radoeka radoeka at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 26 15:45:03 CEST 2005

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 02:32:48PM +0200, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> On Sunday 25 September 2005 21:44, Martin Konold wrote:
> > Am Freitag 23 September 2005 21:22 schrieb Richard Bos:
> >
> > Hi Rchiard,
> >
> > > autoconfiscated (though testing is being performed), I would like
> > > to start t collect some information about the
> > > kolab-resource-handlers module.
> >
> > Thanks for starting this discussion.
> >
> > Actually I think that the kolab-resource-handlers module is
> > overloaded and needs refactoring and restructuring. E.g. imho the
> > fbview does not belong there at all.
> >
> > Steffen: Please comment asap.
>
> Both the fbview and the automatic invitation scripts (ie. mailfilters)
> and the freebusy code use the Horde framework that is included in that
> package.

I'm not familair with the code. Are the "automatic invitation scripts"
part of the fbview code, or is this located in the other 2 main
directories of the cvs resour... module.

> I'd love to get rid of our own fork of Horde, but I have no idea when
> the fork was made and which version it was based on, so merging our
> (numerous) changes back into Horde is not going to be an easy task.

> And yes, this package is required for a working kolab server. Without
> the resmgr scripts you wont even be able to deliver mail with the
> default configuration.

Alright, but which part is required.  If I don't want the horde part
(fbview directory I suppose) can it be left out??

If it is possible to leave it out, that would be nice as it will prevent
a lot of autoconfiscation work.  Ain't it possible to put this
fbview (horde stuff) in it's own cvs module.  It would make the
resource-handlers module much much smaller....

--
Richard