[Kolab-devel] The kolab-resource-handlers module

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Mon Sep 26 14:32:48 CEST 2005

On Sunday 25 September 2005 21:44, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Freitag 23 September 2005 21:22 schrieb Richard Bos:
>
> Hi Rchiard,
>
> > autoconfiscated (though testing is being performed), I would like
> > to start t collect some information about the
> > kolab-resource-handlers module.
>
> Thanks for starting this discussion.
>
> Actually I think that the kolab-resource-handlers module is
> overloaded and needs refactoring and restructuring. E.g. imho the
> fbview does not belong there at all.
>
> Steffen: Please comment asap.

Both the fbview and the automatic invitation scripts (ie. mailfilters)
and the freebusy code use the Horde framework that is included in that
package.

I'd love to get rid of our own fork of Horde, but I have no idea when
the fork was made and which version it was based on, so merging our
(numerous) changes back into Horde is not going to be an easy task.

And yes, this package is required for a working kolab server. Without
the resmgr scripts you wont even be able to deliver mail with the
default configuration.

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se