[Kolab-devel] Volunteers for Kolab_Server at OpenPKG2.5 step up! :-)

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 22 20:02:54 CEST 2005

Op donderdag 22 september 2005 18:05, schreef Davison Long:
> Yes, I have seen the gentoo effort
> (http://www.gunnarwrobel.de/projects/Kolab.html)
>
> However, this guy has been working on this since Kolab2 was released and
> still hasn't made much headway with getting Kolab2 to work with existing
> programs on a Gentoo distribution at least in a stable way.  I am under the
> impression that he is having to "hack" the info he needs out of the Kolab
> sources because of the way OpenPKG is integrated.  This not only makes for
> a hard initial process (i.e. just creating the first stable ebuild), but
> also will make it hard to keep up with future Kolab updates as well.
>
> In other words, it seems that this guy has to convert the current Kolab
> sources (OpenPKG) to a more generic version, and then writes an ebuild for
> it.  If he could just take vanilla Kolab sources be begin with (without
> OpenPKG), it would eliminate most of the work he is currently doing, and
> make it much easier to migrate to Kolab2.1

Davison,

Grunnar is doing a great job, and is already with porting kolab to a more
generic solution.  You can find more about this at:
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_linux_distribution_integration

You'll discover that you're wish has been fulfilled almost...

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless