[Kolab-devel] wiki as part of kolab

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Tue Sep 6 12:34:32 CEST 2005

On Monday 05 September 2005 01:34, Markus Heller wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> well, we've been using kolab for some time now and there's really something
> we're missing as a group-oriented function: Knowledge Management
>
> What do you think about integrating twiki into kolab? I mean, there could
> be a simple setup routine for twiki and the twiki pages could be displayed
> as a kolab tab in the config interface. The user login is not so
> feature-rich anyway.
>
> BTW. what about making the web user interface more extensible? I have
> posted a suggestion / question on this list (or was it another list?)
> anyway how about extending the user configuration tab in order to make the
> ldap web interface into the central enterprise account configuration site.
> In my eyes this would be the right place to administer any kind of account
> data for whatever sort of application - which in turn must be able to
> authenticate against LDAP.
>
> Regards,
>
> Markus

Hi Markus
We use dokuwiki here, although I would not call it "integrated" we do use
kolab for authentication, details here:
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Dokuwiki
I agree that it will be nice to have this feature of a wiki integrated, and
make some kind of kolab "portal". Ideally it would be a portal ala
openXchange, with plugins for different things like wiki, forum, email etc.
Cheers,
Hamish