[Kolab-devel] [Kolab 2.1rc1 - Current] - Installation

Sidoine Mosiah PIERREL smp at openix-services.com
Thu Sep 1 09:45:08 CEST 2005

Hi everybody,

I sent you two weeks ago a report about CA difficulties with the 2.1rc1
snapshot. I tried today with the following snapshot:
ftp.kolab.org/server/development-2.1/current/sources/

Everything works great this time. The few hints to know follow.

This my report of test:

GENERAL INFORMATION
Platform    Athlon 700 / 256 Mo RAM / 4,5 Go HD SCSI
Distribution   KUbuntu 5.04
Kolab version   2.1 (current)

INSTALLATION
Time of compiling  More than 3h (next time, I set up a small script to have a
perfect answer)
Incompatibility   libgcrypt11 (as said in the obmtool.conf file) * see after
for the result on the distribution

CONNEXION WITH KONTACT
kolabwizard   Works

WEB INTERFACE
Konqueror   Works

*The package libgcrypt11 needs to be removed to install and can't be installed
after the compiling. If you do so, the breaking CA will come back. I don't
know why it appends last time because the platform where exactly the same.
This time, I tried to reinstall it because whithout you can't use apt-get in
its standard configuration. And I saw this effect. Once you uninstall it
again, everything is fine.

I put the result of my work in a KWord file (compiling orders, results etc.).
If you think that it can be usefull, I can send a PDF on the list (it quite
short).

Now, a question: how do you setup multidomain?

Regards,

Sidoine
--
http://www.openix.fr