AW: [Kolab-devel] PARTIAL 2ND SUMMARY kolab_bootstrap -b fails onSolaris8Sparc

ComCept Net GmbH Soliva soliva at comcept.ch
Wed Oct 19 22:53:25 CEST 2005

Hi

To controll if everything would work fine for amavisd etc. you must first
enable debug:

# vi /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/amavisd.conf.template

$sa_debug = 1;            # defaults to false

Activate config from template to real file:

/kolab/sbin/kolabconf -n

Now you can use the debug command and you will see all information depending
amavisd:

/kolab/sbin/amavisd \
-c /kolab/etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf debug

If you like to test on a particular user use:

 su - kolab-r -c /kolab/sbin/amavisd \
-c /kolab/etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf debug

To run the debug mode as user is not really neccessary because amavisd would
change the user anyway to kolab-r! Do not forgett to switch back because the
logging of the debug is horrible if you have quit a lot of traffic on the
server!

About your note to the missing Perl Module I do not know what you exactly
expect from me. What I can give you is the following:

Module Net::DNS            0.53 (Perl interface to the DNS resolver)
http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/O/OL/OLAF/Net-DNS-0.53_02.tar.gz

To be installed manueally:

 opa /kolab
 gzip -dc Net-DNS-0.53_02.tar.gz | tar xvf -
 cd Net-DNS-0.53_02
 /kolab/bin/perl Makefile.PL
 make
 make test
 make install

To be installed with cpan:

 /kolab/bin/perlperl -MCPAN -e shell
 cpan > install Net::DNS

NOTE: with cpan the NET::DNS 0.53 would be installed and not 0.53_02

After this installation the error within amavisd debug mode disappears!

Andrea